2014 Spirit of Volunteerism Award Winners Announced
Over 500 area community leaders, non-profit agency representatives and business people turned out May 12 to honor the 2014 Spirit of Volunteerism Award winners. The Helpline Center hosted the event at the Sioux Falls Convention Center. 77 honorees and nominees were celebrated at the event.
The awards were made possible through the generous support of the Independent Insurance Agents of Sioux Falls, EarthBend, Children’s Dental Center & Parkway Orthodontics, First PREMIER Bank/PREMIER Bankcard and Argus Leader Media. Midcontinent Communications also sponsors a commemorative program for the event. Winners of the Spirit of Volunteerism Awards in the Adult, Group and Youth Categories received a $500 gift to be awarded to a non-profit, charitable organization of his/her choice.
The winners are:
- Adult Category: Carl Teer
- Adult Category: Karen Hattervig
- Youth Category: Reannae Tague
- Group Category: Parrot Heads of the Prairie
- Corporate Humanitarian: Raven Industries
- Corporate Humanitarian: K & J Trucking Inc.
Citi also gave out the Citi Youth Leadership Awards at the event. These scholarships recognize high school students for his/her community involvement.
· Emily Mochel, Beresford High School
· Jordan Severson, Canton High School
· Kristin Twedt, Canton High School
· Lucas Heiberger, Tri-Valley High School
· Miranda Vance, West Central High School
· Rachel Goetz, Washington High School
The following MetaBank Volunteers of the Month were also recognized:
· June 2013, Nancy Lange, nominated by Active Generations
· July 2013, Lois Stevens, nominated by Avera Prince of Peace
· August 2013, John LaVergne, nominated by Glory House
· September 2013, Jill Callison, nominated by Children’s Inn
· October 2013, Walker and Ulrich Siblings, nominated by The Outdoor Campus
· November 2013, Linda Pederson, nominated by Feeding South Dakota
· December 2013, First Christian Reformed Church and Gerald Teunissen,
nominated by Ice Storm Unmet Needs Committee
· January 2014, Jan Frentz, nominated by The Salvation Army
· February 2014, Sioux Empire Rock-a-Bettys, nominated by Lucy Albers
· March 2014, Kandy Sieverding, nominated by Independent Living Choices, LLC
· April 2014, Dottie Paulson, nominated by Sanford USD Medical Center
· May 2014, Mary Von Holt, nominated by The Compass Center
For more information, please call (605) 274-1407